RadarCube for VCL versions history
(July 24, 2012):
Delphi XE2 Update 4 support.
- Several minor bugs in the installer.
(April 24, 2012):
Delphi SE2 support.
- Several bugs in the installer.
(August 25, 2011):
- When changing a column width, the height of the rows mistakenly changes too;
When adding a calculated measure to the active cube it does not show up in the cube
(October 28, 2010):
Delphi XE support.
(September 21, 2010):
Ability to build the packages for CodeGear C++ Builder 2007 from the source codes.
- "Index out of range" error when applying a filter to the aggregated measure values;
- The members of a parent-child hierarchy included in a single parent node are not
- "Index out of range" error when trying to show the context menu on a parent-child
- Some localization problems.
(May 20, 2010):
- New search by a wildcard instead of regular expressions search in the Hierarchy
- New TCustomOLAPCube.EditCubeStructure method allows to launch the
Cube Editor in run-time;
- MSAS: The Drillthrough operation supported.
- MSAS: Sometimes the "access violation" exception shows up when trying to open
a hierarchy member.
(April 8, 2010):
- New property TInternalGrid.AutoFitCellsThreshold allows to limit the number of cells
on which the cells are automatically resized;
- The performance is improved when opening
a hierarchy node;
- The fields FormatString, UseValueString, and Value are now opened in the TrsExportCellArgs
- When changing a column width the height of the invisible rows gets wrong;
- When opening a node below the given one an error occurs.
(February 26, 2010):
- Null measure values are now taken into account when sorting;
- The OnShowHierarchyEditor
event may not
- MSAS: Putting a filter on Caption property can lead to an error, especially in multilevel
- MSAS: The "Reset Filter" menu item doesn't work for a hierarchy with an active filter;
- MSAS: Handling several groups in a hierarchy can lead to an error;
- Export to XML may not work properly when the export data contains XML language marks.
(November 25, 2009):
- New filter using the regular expressions in the hierarchy editor;
- New property UnknownMemberName in the hierarchy editor.
Sometimes the changes in the Cube Editor are not saved;
- Sometimes the LoadUserData
method leads to an exception;
When moving within the Cube Editor with keyboard keys the property panel may not
- After closing the cube and opening it again, the visible measures' order in the
grid may change.
(October 27, 2009):
- Delphi 2010 support.
When exporting the grid with the empty column area (all measures are in the row
area) to Excel an error might come up;
- Sometimes a calculated measure format can
be incorrectly given from the very first measure in the list;
- In the GridManager the DefaultFormat property of a measure is displayed and saved
- An error when trying to open the grid with a calculated measure in the GridManager;
- The SaveCompressed method saved the user's data without compression.
(August 27, 2009):
The Cube editor has no ability to choose a table for a measure, so the user can't
change or restore the table;
- The Cube
Editor in Delphi 2009 doesn't display the string
(June 26, 2009):
- Desktop: The Drillthrough method for OLAP cube has been added.
In the event SetEditText, the EventArgs.Cell argument is always null;
- In the Cube
Editor a toolbar button click might cause the error;
- In the Cube Editor's toolbar the buttons might not be blocked correctly;
- A hierarchy icon is not changed
on changing the hierarchy type.
(March 24, 2009):
the grid from a file there might be a "general array error";
- When deleting
a grid out of a form the error may come up;
- After changing the tabs in the Cube Editor, the cube structure tree might get unmatched
with the corresponding hierarchy objects;
- When adding a dimension there might be an error;
- In Delphi 2007, 2009 the scrollbar and other areas of the grid might be flickering
on mouse move.
(February 17, 2009):
- The data source support is now more stable.
- Delphi 2009 support.
If the data source is changed in the active cube then the exception occurs.
the grid from a stream can lead to the error.
- The error occurs when running a form with a cube that has been set to Active in
(October 31, 2008):
- The cube editor usability has been improved.
- Documentation has been updated.
- If the cube schema only contains a single fact table then the exception "There is no source table defined for the "%s" measure" may sometimes occur.
- Some data types are not accepted when trying to build a measure from them.
- In the demo application some operations lead to the "access violation" exception.
- The cube editor minor bugs.
(May 27, 2008):
- The cube working speed has been boosted due to the significant core optimization.
- New RadarCube context filtering abilities. Please see thefor details.
- The overall API has been made as close to RadarCube Windows Forms as possible.
- The custom measure modes can now be sorted by values. But this improvement caused the changing the signature of TOLAPGrid.OnShowMeasure event handler.for the details.
- The declaration of TCalcMemberArgs object has changed, which is passed in TOLAPGrid.OnCalcMember event handler as a parameter. Now there are two properties ReturnData and ReturnValue, containing formatted and not formatted values of the cell to calculate.
- New object property TOLAPGrid.Serializer. Compatibility of the grid state streams with the NET version of RadarCube.
- Two new measure display modes: the "Rank by row" and "Rank by column".
- Desktop: The internal database is now stored on the disk instead of memory. This can significantly boost the performance on the big databases because of lack of windows swapping.
- Desktop: new Cube Editor.
- Desktop: The Load and Save methods have been changed to provide more flexible saving. The streams of the early versions won't be read because of that fact.
(December 13, 2007):
- In the Grid Manager an exception may occasionally occur on selecting a tree node.
- The disposition of hierarchies in Grid Manager is not saved in design time.
(November 30, 2007):
- In Grid Layout Editor an exception may come out when selecting some dimension in the tree.
- In Delphi 2007 an exception comes out when deleting the grid from the form in design time.
- Sometimes Delphi 2007 paints black cells instead of their true contents.
- An exception comes out when there are dimensions in the grid but no measures.
(September 14, 2007):
- Delphi 2007 support.
- The measure modes are not displayed correctly after the grid has been restored from a stream.
- When restoring the grid from a stream, sorting by value may get lost.
- Some measure modes can display the wrong data.
(April 30, 2007):
- The "Incorrect variant operation" exception occurs on export and print preview.
- In Delphi 6 the Demo application may end up with the error because of the wrong memory managing.
- The export and print preview produce the wrong result when the there are empty data in measures.
- When several measures are shown at the same time, the empty rows/columns in the grid can never be hidden.
- If the cube is read from a stream then the "Show only the ..." menu item gives the Access Violation.
- The filtering of multilevel and Parent-Child hierarchies may sometimes be working wrong.
- The Print Preview operation doesn't work in the Demo application.
(October 23, 2006):
- The demo application now contains HTML export example.
- Documentation updated
- The Grid Layout is not saved after being edited in TOLAPGrid component editor.
- A row of Design-time errors on starting a project with RadarCube in Delphi 7 under Windows 2000.
- The multilevel hierarchies are exported into HTML incorrectly.
- Incorrect columns width on exporting into XLS.
- Wrong numbers formatting ion all export procedures.
(October 3, 2006):
- Show several measure modes at one time.
- The demo application is significantly renewed. Now it contains numerous examples of how to perform different tasks with RadarCube. Every example includes the source code.
- The OnDrawCell and OnPaintCell events have been brought to the right order. See details in the documentation.
- The grid is now working faster with the "long" hierarchies.
- A row of properties have been added supposed to improve the performance of the grid at the expense of calculating the optimal cells size.
- New dialog window to change the visual setting of the grid in the dialog.
- The ability to change the mutual location of the text and image in a grid cell.
- New GetOLAPData function for the purpose of flexible integration of OLAP Grid and Chart or Maps components.
- Lots of minor enhancements.
- The documentation is improved.
- Sometimes the "Cube structure" tree view displays strange white rectangles shutting in the tree nodes.
- An Access Violation when clicking on the empty area within the "Cube structure" tree.
- When switching between the display modes of the grid, the width of the pivot panels changes.
- The hierarchy editor doesn't allow to abolish the active filter.
- The grid not always refreshes a user action.
- The different sorts of errors when working with several groups in a single hierarchy.
- Several minor errors.
(August 28, 2006):
- Grid performance when working with large hierarchies has been significantly improved (10 times as faster and more).
- In RadarCube Desktop when defining several summaries in design time, the grid incorrectly displays their values.
RadarCube 1.00 final (08/14/06):
- TCustomOLAPGrid: The grid now can save to a stream not only grid data, but the cube data as well. This allows restoring the cube back from the stream without connecting to the database. See the description of the new methods: TCustomOLAPGrid.SaveCompressed, SaveUncompressed, Load, etc.
- TOLAPCube: The cube now can be saved to/restored from a stream. See the new methods description for details: TCustomOLAPCube.SaveCompressed, SaveUncompressed, Load, etc.
- TOLAPCube: The "DrillThough" functionality. See the description of the TCubeEngine.Drillthrough method for details.
- TOLAPCube: The data tables now support indexing, which allows to find particular table records in run-time. See TCustomOLAPCube.OnDefineIndex event description.
- Documentation updated.
- In Delphi 6 OLAP Cube Manager gives the "EConvertError" exception "True is not a valid Boolean value" on any attempt to alter a calculated summary/hierarchy. This happens due to the error in Delphi 6 SysUtils.StrToBool function implementation.
- TOLAPCube: The BLOB fields are not loaded correctly from a database, and can't be used afterwards.
- After restoring a grid state from the stream, any manipulating with the "Measures" node in the Cube Structure tree results in the Access Violation.
- Incorrect value-sorting the expanded nodes of a hierarchy.
RadarCube 1.00 beta 4 (06/26/06):
- Delphi 6 support.
- The grid behavior has been changed without hierarchies or measures in the active area.
- TOLAPCube: New methods RefreshDataset, RefreshFactTable allow to reread the data from the dataset and refresh the cube.
- TOLAPGrid:New methods: ExpandAllNodes, CollapseAllNodes added.
- TOLAPGrid: The grid performance has grown up, the visual representation has been improved.
- Documentation updated.
- A casual access violation on drilling a parent-child hierarchy in case there are two or more measures displayed in the grid
RadarCube 1.00 beta 3 (06/07/06):
- Documentation updated.
- Access Violation occurs on creating new measure in the design time OLAP Cube Manager.
- The structure of the Parent-Child hierarchy gets broken on performing the operation "drill up" at any of the members of second or lower level.
- Sometimes Access Violation occurs on drilling down an open Parent-Child hierarchy that is located in the column area.
- Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+End key combinations to hop to the beginning or to end of data correspondingly.
- The scroll bars blink on moving hierarchies.
- Changing some visual properties of the grid doesn't refresh the grid in design time.
- Sometimes the auto-size of hierarchy panels is not defined correctly.
- Grid settings improved.
RadarCube 1.00 beta 2 (06/05/06):
- If an exception occurs during the cube opening, then the cube is not closed correctly, and another error may happen afterwards.
- In the filtered hierarchies all members are always taken into aggregation, even if the property THierarchy.TakeFiltersIntoCalculations = True. Thus if you choose "Aggregate visible members only" menu item in the grid, you'll never see any difference in the aggregated value.
- If close an active cube and then open it once again, then an exception might occur.
- Sometimes if you click the little dimension icon on one of the pivot panels you get an Access Violation.
- On the computers with Windows XP Themes turned off the hierarchy names are displayed with a wring font.
- Some keyboard keys (PageUp, PageDown, Home, End) don't work in the grid.
- OnPaint event functions in a more clear way.
- Some minor display enhancements.
RadarCube 1.00 beta 1 (06/01/06):
Key features: Cube definition
- Support of the following data sources (depending on the distributive type):
- A single table or query of any database (any TDataSet successor, no BDE required);
- Several tables or queries of any database organized into the "star" or "snowflake" schema (any TDataSet successors, no BDE required);
- Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 or 2005 (2005 recommended).
- Support a set of aggregation functions, such as Sum, Count, Distinct Count, Min, Max, biased or unbiased variance, median and so on. Supports custom aggregation functions (the RadarCube Desktop only).
- Support of numbers, strings and dates as measure values.
- Support of measure grouping.
- Support of all cube structure elements of Enterprise OLAP servers (dimensions, hierarchies, hierarchy levels and their relations) in the Desktop RadarCube version. You can build the cube in the Desktop OLAP, and then, when increasing the size of tables, to port the Desktop cube into the MS Analysis cube, at that the logical structure of the cube will remain unchanged.
- Support of hierarchies of three types:
- Parent-child hierarchies;
- Multilevel hierarchies;
- Mixed from both previous types.
- An ability to create calculated measures, dimensions, hierarchies and hierarchy levels based on the data both as the fact table rows and all dimension tables rows related to it with the foreign keys.
- An ability to create additional calculated measures, using both the information from the fact table and values of the aggregated cube cells in all RadarCube versions.
- Support of calculated members of dimensions or hierarchies in all RadarCube versions.
- Support of dimension or hierarchy attributes which store additional information about dimension or hierarchy members.
- Support of supersaturated cubes when one cube cell holds two or more values from the fact table (the RadarCube Desktop only).
Key features: Data visualization
- An ability to display many measures in the Grid simultaneously.
- Interactive drill-down support of all types of hierarchies separately for every grid cell.
- Support of "Undo" and "Redo" actions during the OLAP analysis.
- Support of saving and restoring the current OLAP slice.
- Support of member grouping on any hierarchy level without changing the hierarchy levels structure.
- Support of sorting on any level of hierarchy or dimension separately. Ability of overriding any sorting method.
- Support of ascending or descending sorting based on any column value in the OLAP grid.
- Support of filtering any set of hierarchy members with or without applying these filters in the OLAP calculations.
- Support of the auto filtering of the hierarchy members depending on their values in the grid. An ability for selection some major/minor members, either according to their rank or on the Pareto principle.
- An ability to display in the grid not only the values of the measures but a percent value regarding totals, subtotals, or grand totals. An ability to create your own context-sensitive rules on measure display (for example, a cumulative sum of measure values for time dimensions, and just its value for all other cases).
- Support of the custom drawing on the grid cells.
- Support of the custom popup menus in the grid.
- Support of the drag-n-drop of measures or hierarchy members within the grid.
- Auto wrapping of the cell contents depending on its width. Auto sizing of the column width with auto wrapping for the very "long" cells of the grid.
- An ability to edit OLAP data directly in the grid ("writeback" support).
- Allows to display the current slice as a diagram (any TChart successor). Support of Drill-down actions in the chart. The source code of the charting component comes for free.
- Allows to copy the selected grid area into the clipboard. Support all common office clipboard formats.
- Allows to export grid data to many formats: MS Excel (using OLE or directly to XLS-file), HTML, PDF, WMF, RTF, TXT, BMP, XML. Exports to the RaveReport, ReportBuilder, FastReport are coming soon. Also supports direct drawing on printer Canvas.
- Easy localization. It is possible to localize the evaluation version as well.